Sauvignon (2021)


  • Gold medals all around, this delightful white is easy to drink and has the perfect WOW! factor that truly sets it apart. Looking for the perfect pairing for a warm day or a fresh fish dish? This elegant Sauvignon, with citrus notes of grapefruit, pineapple, yellow peppers and touches of tomato leaves will satisfy your palate, especially on a hot summer day! 

  • Typology: White wine
    Production area: Colli Orientali del Friuli
    Grape variety: 100% Sauvignon Blanc
    Harvesting: By hand in 10 kilogram boxes. De-stemming and soft crushing.
    Fermentation and Refinery: The wine is immediately cooled to 7-8 °C and left for 6 hours of maceration at a low temperature. Racking and cold housing for 5 days followed by alcoholic fermentation. 10% of the wine is fermented and aged in oak barrels of 1500 liters with battonage every 10 days, while the remaining 90% is fermented and aged in steel tanks with battonage every 20 days. After eight months the two parts are joined together and bottled.
    Alcohol: 13.0%
    Temperature for Serving: 12-14°C
    Tasting notes: Straw yellow with typical and elegant varietal notes of citrus fruits, pink grapefruit, pineapple, yellow pepper and nuances of tomato leaf. In the mouth it is well-structured, intense, mouth-filling, crisp with a good acid level with complex, intense varietal flavors and a persistent aftertaste.
    Serving Suggestions: This crisp wine is great by itself poolside, but is also complimentary to vegetable soups, asparagus, and marinated fish dishes.

Winery: Specogna